Re: Question about http_url_post_xml - can I stopped the auto parsing being done?

Hello,

The http_url_post() routine will write the data to the IFS. If you subsequently want it in memory, you can read that IFS file into your program using the standard, IBM-supplied, IFS APIs.

Or, a more complicated way, would be to use the http_url_post_raw() routine. This routine lets you supply your own routine to handle the 'saving' of the data. You can then write a routine that both saves it to a variable in memory and writes it to the IFS as the data comes off the network. This does require you to do more programming, since http_url_post() does a bit more work for you.

-SK