From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 9:16 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: XML post using SSL and client identity certificate

Hi Michelle,

Haha, well, having the correct URL will always make things easier! :-)

What do you mean by "name space"?   Are you talking about XML name
spaces when using the HTTPAPI XML parsing routines (powered by Expat) are used to read the response document from a web service? The easiest/best way to deal with them (in my opinion) is by calling
http_xmlns(*ON) before parsing the XML.  When you do that, HTTPAPI will separate the namespace from the tag name, and will pass the namespace URI in a separate parameter from the tag name to your handler procedure.

This makes it easy to handle any document that uses the same namespace, no matter what abbreviated/shortened form the server might use for it.
And is a feature I haven't seen in other XML parsers.  (Even the one IBM includes in RPG...)

If that sounds like what you're looking for, let me know and I can provide more detailed information when I have some more time.

-SK