From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 1:58 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: XML post using SSL and client identity certificate

Michelle,

HTTPAPI uses the SSL support in the IBM i operating system, so there is very little to set up in HTTPAPI or your program... instead, you need to configure the operating system.  This is done by using the IBM Digital Certificate Manager (DCM) -- where you can create a new application definition.  That definition should be given an identifier such as CROSSCHECK_MYAPPLICATION, and should be set up as a client-side application.  You will assign a client side certificate to it and tell it to use that certificate.  This is all done in the OS, so please refer to IBM documentation.

Once that is done, in HTTPAPI, you need to add one line of code at the start of your program like this:

https_init('CROSSCHECK_MYAPPLICATION');

Now HTTPAPI will ask the operating system to use that application definition that you made in the DCM.  The next time you do any HTTP operations (http_url_post_xml or any other operations) with a URL that starts wtih 'https://' for SSL, it will use that application definition.

-SK