Memory leak in EXPAT?

   Setup:  Program queries a web service constantly, receiving XML
   response.  Response is parsed with EXPAT.  Program runs most hours of
   the day.

   Issue:  After 13 hours, the program croaks with MCH6903 (The heap space
   has reached its maximum allowable size).  (It's not always exactly 13
   hours ; it varies between 11:45 and 15:45 )

   Temporary solution:  We changed the program so that after about 8
   hours, it exits and then re-starts as a brand-new copy.

   Why this is not ideal:  We really need to monitor the web service3
   continuously, even during the few seconds needed to exit and restart
   the program.

   Has anyone else had a problem with running out of heap space after 13
   hours of continuously using EXPAT?

   Many thanks,

   Nasser Shukayr

       I.T. Application Development Team Lead

   Heartland Co-op Official Logo - Small - 8.2012

   [1]http://www.heartlandcoop.com

      2829 Westown Parkway, Suite 350

      West Des Moines, Iowa 50266

   NShukayr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx