Re: Question on using the HTTPAPI to receive a GUID

John,

If I understand you correctly, the site is just returning a GUID (global unique ID) instead of the result. A GUID is just a character string with a unique identifier in it. So you just get back this string, and then make another request with the GUID to get the result. I haven't done it, but based on your description, it sounds very simple.

I doubt very much that someone else has done exactly what you're trying to do here, since this is not a commonplace thing, and it's unlikely that someone would've done it with the exact syntax that your server is using, as your server sounds like it's doing something rather custom.

Can't you just try a few requests and see what it's returning and figure it out? Is there no documentation or explanation anywhere for this SQL server web service you're working with?

-SK