Thomas

Gesendet mit AquaMail für Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Am 4. März 2016 11:20:41 nachm. schrieb "Hammack, Ted" <thammack@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Yikes!

Seems to me there should be some sort of "Ignore Null" parameter to pass in the OnlineRequest command.

Looks like I'll need to set up separate stubs for each different type of request then?

We can't abandon the RPG method this late into the development process (wish I knew about this limitation earlier).

Anyway, thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas Raddatz
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2016 4:38 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: RE: SOAP-ENV:Client: FormatException

There is no way to block any elements from being sent out of the box. The right way was to use NULL values. But that does not work for RPG due to the poor implementation of the compiler regarding null values.

So all you can do is modifying the generated stub by hand for example to ignore elements that contain blanks or 0. And that is where the problems begins. For numeric fields it is not always right to assume that 0 must not be sent.