Re: Applying HTTPAPI and eXpat updates - seeking advice

Hello,

Unfortunately, HTTPAPI uses a different signature when you compile it without SSL vs. when it is compiled with SSL. This is something I really wish I had never done. At the time I did it, I thought it was pretty slick to just remove the SSL/TLS support, not even compile it into the program. But, now it causes problem like this one. Really, whomever built 1.24 on your system should never have compiled it without SSL, there's no reason to do this on V5R1 or newer versions of the OS... just compile SSL support always, it doesn't hurt anything!

Maybe I should just remove the option to compile without SSL so others don't make this mistake.

But, since you've already built it with SSL removed, you're going to have to recreate, or at least re-bind, all of the programs that call HTTPAPIR4 in order to add SSL support to it.

-SK