Re: updating libhttp from 1.24 to 1.29?

Hi Michael,

Can it be that the target website only allows HTTP and not HTTPS? It would seem strange but that seems to be returned by the website.

Just for testing this try it with NeoNovaURL is: 'http://xml.NeoNova.net/NNSAPI.fcgi' (so http instead of https)

Kind regards,

Loek Maartens.

On 13-1-2016 18:02, Koester, Michael wrote:
Thanks for the assist, Mr. Krebs.
But I still getting the error, "Only the http protocol is available!"

Since I am not positive that we don't have any customization in LIBHTTP, I had SysAdmin bring in the v1.29 in, specifying the SSL support (but not a new ExPat).  Had him set target lib to "LIBHTTP2", leaving LIBHTTP intact.  All the new objects were created in LIBHTTP2 as well.
To test:
	I set LIBHTTP2 ahead of LIBHTTP in my library list.
	I re-created my service program with BNDDIR(LIBHTTP2/HTTPAPI).
	I recompiled my test program.
	I called my test program and stepped through with the SEP debugger.
	The call to http_url_post_xml returned rc = -1.
	The call to http_error() returned "Only the http protocol is available!".

The call to http_url_post_xml looks like this:
    rc = http_url_post_xml(NeoNovaURL
                       : %addr(postData : *DATA)
                       : %len(postData)
                       : %paddr(StartOfElement)
                       : %paddr(EndOfElement)
                       : *NULL );
NeoNovaURL is: 'https://xml.NeoNova.net/NNSAPI.fcgi'

PostData is: '<?xml version="1.0"?>

[I inserted line breaks here, and login credentials are masked with xxxxxx]

In our test environment, I can hit the http://sandbox-api.neonova.net/NNSAPI.fcgi site from the same program with no problem, and get expected results.
I can use the HttpRequester browser plugin, send the same parameters to the production (https/...) site, and get expected results.

So where do I look to diagnose the cause?

I'll be here for another hour today, then back at 7:30 AM EST tomorrow.

Michael Koester