Re: Posting data in CCSID 1026 not well received by server in UFT-8

Christian,

The CCSID used to compile WSDL2RPG should not make any difference.

What I meant with debugging is that I asked you to verify the value that is passed to the Marshaller_toStringV6() or Marshaller_toString() function. Which function is used depends on the IBM i release level that you specified when generating the stub. Basically you should see a piece of code like this (sample is v6r1):

Marshaller_toStringV6(
   %addr(i_tns_getBankType.blz)
   : %addr(i_tns_getBankType.blz: *DATA)
   : %len(i_tns_getBankType.blz)
   : i_hOutStream);

That is the point where WSDL2RPG copies the value from the request data structucre to the utf-8 output stream. You find it in your generated web service stub. It is the module with the "WS_OPER" comment.

WS_OPER: web service operation module, one module per operation
WS_SRV: common web service stub module

I want to know:

a) Does i_tns_getBankType.blz contain the right value. Please verify the hex value. Use "eval i_tns_getBankType.blz :x" to see the hex value.

Next I want toknow, whether  you used *_Port_setPostCcsid() to change the ccsid of the request message. Please check that like this:

a) Start the debugger for your stub (test) program
b) Select the module with the "Based on WS_OPER" comment
c) Add a breakpoint to the "return" statement of the getPostCcsid() procedure
d) Check the value of "post_ccsid". It should always be 1208.

You may also add a breakpoint to *_Port_setPostCcsid() of the generated WS_SRV module of your stub service program. That procedure is used to set the CCSID of the request message. It should not be called or if it is called, it should be called with CCSID 1208 for UTF-8.

Thomas.