Re: REST WS Problem

Scott,

The java programmer sugested just doing a 'get' passing him the xml
and he can send me back error or success.  I am not sure this will
work as I belive there is a size limit of a little over 2K that can be
sent with a get.  He created a get and I am getting the attached
error with the get.  Currently I just have my xml hard coded into the
get.

On 10/2/15, Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yep, I agree....
>
> Donna, it's important to understand that the string
> "java.lang.NullPointerException" is not coming from HTTPAPI directly.
> It is being sent by the web service as a description of what's wrong.,
> and HTTPAPI is simply relaying the message to your program.   All it
> tells me is that the Java program on the web service server is
> crashing...   you'll need to ask the Java programmer to debug his code
> and see why that's happening.
>

> On 10/2/2015 2:40 PM, Michael Ryan wrote:
>>     Talk to your Java developer and find out why you're getting
>>     this:� java.lang.NullPointerException
>>     Something is either expected and not provided, or provided and not
>>     expected.
>>
>>     On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Donna Herald
>>     <[1]donna.g.herald@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>       This is what is in the debug text.
>>       HTTPAPI Ver 1.23 released 2008-04-24
>>       OS/400 Ver V6R1M0
>>       New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819.
>>       ProtLoc=0
>>       http_url_post(): entered
>>       http_persist_open(): entered
>>       http_long_ParseURL(): entered
>>       DNS resolver retrans: 2
>>       DNS resolver retry�  : 2
>>       DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
>>       DNS default domain: [2]AD.CHURCHMUTUAL.COM
>>       DNS server found: 10.20.4.2
>>       DNS server found: 10.20.4.3
>>       http_persist_post(): entered
>>       http_long_ParseURL(): entered
>>       do_post(): entered
>>       POST /print-eor-service/rest/print/eor HTTP/1.1
>>       Host: cmdev2:9080
>>       Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 19:22:38 GMT
>>       SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
>>       senddoc(): entered
>>       <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"
>>       standalone="yes"?><printEORRequestType><CMUserName>dherald</CMUserNa
>>       me><CMPassword>kentucky</CMPassword><EORDocument><ClaimNumber>123456
>>       7</ClaimNumber><EORNumber>1234567</EORNumber></EORDocument></printEO
>>       RRequestType>
>>       recvresp(): entered
>>       HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
>>       Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 19:22:38 GMT
>>       Connection: Close
>>       SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
>>       recvdoc parms: identity 42
>>       header_load_cookies() entered
>>       recvdoc(): entered
>>       SetError() #0:
>>       Error 500: java.lang.NullPointerException
>>       SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
>>       http_close(): entered
>>       � ************End of Data********************
>>       On 10/2/15, Jim Muehe <[3]jmuehe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>       > I agree, the default location for the log is
>>       >�  �  �  �  � /tmp/httpapi_debug.txt
>>       >
>>       > WRKLNK OBJ('/tmp/httpapi_debug.txt')
>>       >
>>       > Jim Muehe
>>       >
>>       >
>>       >

http_url_get(): entered
http_persist_open(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
DNS resolver retrans: 2
DNS resolver retry  : 2
DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
DNS default domain: AD.CHURCHMUTUAL.COM
DNS server found: 10.20.4.2
DNS server found: 10.20.4.3
http_persist_get(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
do_get(): entered
GET /print-eor-service/rest/print/<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><printEORRequestType><CMUserName>dherald</CMUserName><CMPassword>kentucky</CMPassword><EORDocument><ClaimNumber>1234567</ClaimNumber><EORNumber>1234567</EORNumber></EORDocumeent></printEORRequestType> HTTP/1.1
Host: cmdev2:9080

Host: cmdev2:9080

recvresp(): entered
HTTP/1.1 505 HTTP Version Not Supported