Re: TakeDescriptor hanging indefinitely

This is not related to the FTPAPI or HTTPAPI projects, and therefore does not belong on this mailing list. Please do not reply to this message.

I will reply to Christine off-list.

On 6/16/2015 10:55 AM, Christine Krebs wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    I am working on a problem in a program modeled after the example given
    in Scott Klement's socket tutorial found
    here:� [1]http://www.scottklement.com/rpg/socktut/spawnserver.html.
    I changed the listener and the instance programs to use non-blocking
    sockets to correct my problem, but now the instance server will sit at
    TakeDescriptor indefinitely, as though there is no descriptor being
    sent to it.
    I've verified that the listener is sending the descriptor to the
    correct internal job ID and that GiveDescriptor does not return an
    error - both programs use activation group *NEW - I'm not really sure
    how else to troubleshoot this. Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.

    intended solely for the use of the individual or company to whom they
    are addressed. Do not disclose, distribute, or copy this email to
    others outside your company. If you have received this email in error,
    please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your
    system.