   From: Maassel, John R.
   Sent: Monday, April 27, 2015 9:58 AM
   To: 'ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
   Subject: Intermittent string-length error in COMM

   We're having an intermittent issue with HTTPAPI running in our CGI
   environment.

   My theory is there's a resource leak in some other jobs in our system
   and we keep getting a high number for socket descriptor, and it's much
   bigger than expected by this library. Am I on the right track?

   Is there a patch already available for this? If not, are there any
   gotchas I have to be aware of while I'm trying to fix this?

   RNX0100    Escape                  50   04/27/15  08:52:25.259954
   QRNXIE       QSYS        *STMT    HTTPAPIR4   LIBHTTP     *STMT

   From module . . . . . . . . :   QRNXMSG

   From procedure  . . . . . . :   SignalException

   Statement . . . . . . . . . :   25

   To module . . . . . . . . . :   COMMTCPR4

   To procedure  . . . . . . . :   COMMTCP_FD_SET

   Statement . . . . . . . . . :   4851

   Thread  . . . . :   0000026A

   Message . . . . :   Length or start position is out of range for the
   string

     operation.

   Cause . . . . . :   One of the following has occurred in RPG procedure

     COMMTCP_FD in program LIBHTTP/HTTPAPIR4: - A numeric length or start

     position is less than 1 or too large for the string operation. - The

     search-argument parameter of the %SCAN built-in function has zero
   length or

     is longer than the source-string parameter. - The maximum-length
   parameter

     of the %STR built-in function is not a value between 1 and the
   maximum size

     of a character field. Recovery  . . . :   Contact the person
   responsible for

     program maintenance to determine the cause of the problem.

   I traced the failure to this block of code:

   Module :LIBHTTP/COMMTCPR4, procedure COMMTCP_FD_SET:

   4850 C                   callp
   CalcBitPos(peFD:wkByteNo:wkMask)
        061002     090000

   4851 c                   eval      wkByte =
   %subst(peFDSet:wkByteNo:1)
   061002     090100

   4852 c                   biton     wkMask
   wkByte
   061002     090200

   4853 c                   eval      %subst(peFDSet:wkByteNo:1) =
   wkByte                                         061002     090300

   Any advise or assistance would be appreciated.

   Thanks,

   --

   John Maassel

   Lead Programmer / Analyst

   Bob Evans Farms, Inc

   Notice from Bob Evans Farms: This e-mail message, including any
   attachments, may contain confidential information that is intended only
   for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any unauthorized
   review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you
   are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
   e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and any
   attachments.