RE: question about example 2

My auth knowledge base is a little light but all examples I found show contacting the server and responding to the 401 rather than forcing the auth first and then trying. In my mind, shouldn't matter but it might be something in the headers that are exchanged that prompts the authentication on the server side. EXAMPLE5 is written this way and several examples found on the internet are the same thing. So, you might try sending your request, trapping for the 401 return code and then retrying with the authentication using Donnie's example (just good coding but you are right that you don't need it).

Assuming your user is LARRYK and password is BDLD, I think that might be the ticket. (Even though it is internal, change your password when you get a chance.)

-----Original Message-----
From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Larry Kleinman
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:35 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: question about example 2

Here's what I see in the log.   The server, by the way, is the internal
Apache server running Zendserver on the same box as the RPG program.

HTTPAPI Ver 1.23 released 2008-04-24
OS/400 Ver V7R1M0

New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819. ProtLoc=0
http_setauth(): entered
http_persist_open(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
DNS resolver retrans: 2
DNS resolver retry  : 2
DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
DNS default domain: MITCHELLS.LOCAL
DNS server found: 192.168.100.105
DNS server found: 192.168.100.35
DNS server found: 8.8.8.8
http_persist_post(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
do_post(): entered
POST /ebiz/customer/SendUpdate.Stage.php HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.100.100.10:24444
Authorization: Basic TEFSUllLOkJETEQ=

recvresp(): entered
HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required