Using raw to post data

   I've modified an existing program to talk to a device. I know I'm
   hitting it - I can see the device light up. But I don't get a valid
   response - seems like it's an error. I've attached the debug log...can
   anyone shed any light? The vendor suggested that content-length wasn't
   being passed. I can't see the actual headers in the debug log, but the
   log certainly indicated content-length was passed. Thanks!
HTTPAPI Ver 1.24beta11 released 2010-09-09
OS/400 Ver V7R1M0

New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819. ProtLoc=0
https_init(): entered
Dump of local-side certificate information:
http_persist_open(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
DNS resolver retrans: 2
DNS resolver retry  : 2
DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
DNS default domain: SOMEDOMAIN.COM
DNS server found: 192.168.1.2
DNS server found: 192.168.2.2
DNS server found: 192.168.9.2
http_persist_post(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
do_oper(POST): entered
POST / HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.99:986
Connection: close

senddoc(): entered
<?xml version="1.0" ?><TRANSACTION>
<TRANSACTIONTYPE>INTERACTIVECREDITAUTH</TRANSACTIONTYPE>
<CREDITAMT>1.00</CREDITAMT>
</TRANSACTION>

recvresp(): entered
recvresp(): end with err