Re: Is the installer broken?

Pete,

"crtl" and "crts" are shortcuts for crtlib & crtsrcpf respectively. These are built-in to the IBM i FTP server, and should work fine.

As far as I can tell, the problem you're experiencing is that your FTP session is using "namefmt 1", whereas the script was designed for "namefmt 0". You'll notice that the very first line of the script is attempting to switch to "namefmt 0", but perhaps it is failing?

It's probably failing because the FTP session starts you out in an the user's home directory or some other IFS directory that's not accessible when using "library" naming. Maybe the fix would be to have the script do something like this:
"namefmt 1", "cd /qsys.lib/qgpl.lib", "namefmt 0"

That way, it'll set your current dir to QGPL (which is a valid library) before switching to namefmt 0. I actually thought it already does this? But, I may be thinking of a different script.

Thoughts?

-SK