From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Viney
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:21 AM
To: 'ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: http_header

Hello,

I'm having a little trouble with the http_header function, and just wanted to check that I'm using it correctly.  I'm currently using v1.23, but will upgrade in case this might be the issue.

I've been using the HTTP APIs successfully for years with SOAP webservices, but I now have to start consuming a RESTful webervice.  The service in question appears quite simple where I would POST some data that needs checking, and the service will then pass back the URL that I would need to run a subsequent GET against to receive the results.  The URL is passed back in the header however, and I just can't seem to pick it up.

From the debug log, it appears that the initial post is successful and I can see the URL begin returned:

Protocol Used: TLS Version 1
http_persist_post(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
do_post(): entered
POST /query/EmailValidate/1.0/ HTTP/1.1
Host: api.experianmarketingservices.com
Auth-Token: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

recvresp(): entered
HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
senddoc(): entered
<Email>xxxxxxxxxxxx</Email>

recvresp(): entered
HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
Cache-Control: no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache, max-age=0
Pragma: no-cache
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 10:06:54 GMT

SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
http_close(): entered

I've altered some of the values to xxxxx.  TheURL I need to pick up is under "Content-Location", so in my code directly after the http_url_post I've used the line wkNewLoc = http_header('Content-Length'); however wkNewLoc is blank.  I've tried with and without the colon after content-length but neither work.

The return code is "204" as there is no content to be returned (so my response file is blank) - would this affect the http_header api?  Having searched the archive I've read that a Content-Length of 0 shouldn't affect this however.

Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks,

James

James Viney
IT Development Team Leader
Ageas Insurance Limited
IT Department
Tel: +44 (0)23 8031 3324
james.viney@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:james.viney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA England

www.ageas.co.uk<http://www.fortisinsurance.co.uk/>

Proud partner of The Ageas Bowl and the Ageas Salisbury International Arts Festival.

Registered Address: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA Registered Number: 354568 England

Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority

This e-mail together with any attachments are intended for the addressee only and may be private and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you must not open any attachments, or copy, disclose, distribute, retain or use this e-mail, including any attachments, in any way whatsoever; please return it to us immediately using the reply facility on e-mail.

Consider the environment and think before you print this email.