Pulling raw http response?

   Hi All,

   I need to have an RPG app call a web service which does not return a
   typical file or html-formatted response.  Instead if sends back raw
   text like this:

   <response>status ok</response>

   When you View Source in Chrome the only thing shown is the text on the
   line above.

   In the past I have worked with UPS/FedEx web services using HTTPAPI,
   and all works well.  But I am hitting a roadblock on this one, or at
   least not seeing the obvious way to get the data.

   I have tried the various http_get_* procedures and it does connect to
   the server, but I get an RC of -1.  I can see in the web service logs
   that the GET is successful on the server side.

   Am I missing something obvious?

   Thanks,

   David

   David Wright
   CIO | CELS Enterprises, Inc
   310-838-2103 ext623
   3485 S La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016
   [1]www.chineselaundry.com

   This message and any attached documents contain information that may be
   confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
   you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this information. If you
   have received this transmission in error please notify the sender
   immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your
   system.

   IP Warning: Images and reports or documents attached or otherwise
   displayed in this email cannot be used, posted, copied, forwarded or
   modified without written permission of Cels Enterprises, Inc.