Re: 415 back from gsk_secure_soc_init on 7.2

Bill,

I tried your URL on a 7.2 box, and I got the same error. However, all of the other SSL sites I tried worked fine, it was just yours that got this error.

I also tried it on 7.1, and it worked fine there, as you noted.

I did notice that this site does not support TLS versions newer than 1.0, and that it falls back to an old RC4-MD5 cipher, which is not considered secure these days. I wonder if maybe IBM removed that cipher from 7.2 for security reasons?

But, that's just a shot in the dark -- I don't know why it's not working. HTTPAPI just calls the SSL/TLS support that's built-in to the operating system. I didn't write my own SSL/TLS support, myself :-) So there's not much I can do if the OS rejects the connection.

-SK