mkdir failing in TESTMIRIN

   The TESTMIRIN program statement below in the "do_dir" subprocedure is
   failing.

   callp     mkdir(%trimr(LocalDir): 511)

   This is causing the following statement  "if
   chdir(%trimr(LocalDir)) < 0" to fail and set the Diagnostic message in
   the job log to "chdir(): No such path or directory."

   So to try to identify the return error of the failed mkdir command, I
   added the Diagnostic message logic to the mkdir command as shown below:

   c**                 callp     mkdir(%trimr(LocalDir): 511)
   c                   if        mkdir(%trimr(LocalDir): 511) < 0
   c                   callp     DiagMsg('mkdir(): ' +
   c                                  %str(strerror(errno)))
   c                   return    -1
   c                   endif

   Which generated the same message in the job log as shown below:

   0: > CWD
   0: 250 CWD command successful.
   0: > TYPE A
   0: 200 Type set to A.
   0: > PORT 10,30,1,7,243,62
   0: 200 PORT command successful.
   0: > NLST
   0: 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
   0: 226 Transfer complete.
   mkdir(): No such path or directory.

   Below is a debug display of variable LocalDir right before the mkdir
   and chdir commands:

   EVAL
   LocalDir
   LOCALDIR
   =

   ....5...10...15...20...25...30...35...40...45...50...55...60
        1   '/imports/ncr_aj1/incoming
   '
       61   '
   '
      121   '
   '
      181   '
   '
      241   '
   '
      301   '
   '
      361   '
   '
      421   '
   '
      481   '
   '
      541   '
   '
      601   '
   '

   Bottom

   This is the WRKLNK command illustrating the path exists on the local
   IBMi system up to the point of the directory path where the mkdir
   command in do_dir is called to create the same directory found on the
   FTP Server (the FTP Server directory to mirror).

                               Work with Object
   Links

   Directory  . . . . :
   /imports/ncr_ajl/incoming

   Type options, press
   Enter.
     2=Edit   3=Copy   4=Remove   5=Display   7=Rename   8=Display
   attributes
     11=Change current directory

   Opt   Object link            Type     Attribute
   Text
         import.ajl
   STMF

   So obviously the path is there so I don't understand the "No such path
   or directory." error. Can anyone shed some light on what I am doing
   wrong or what the problem might be?

   Best Regards,

   Jerry L. Birch