Re: I am getting this message with Certificates in HTTPAPI

   Joel,
   HTTPAPI calls the IBM Software (included with the operating system)
   called Global Secure Toolkit (or, GSKit for short) to perform SSL
   communications.   Since this is IBM software, not software I wrote, my
   knowledge is somewhat limited on how it works.
   My guess on the "certificate does not have a valid format" would be
   :
   a) Maybe you are connected to a non-SSL HTTP server, so the data it's
   trying to interpret as a certificate isn't really a certificate after
   all?
   b) Or, maybe you are connecting to a host that's using an older/newer
   version of SSL than GSKit supports?
   These are purely guesses.
   HTTPAPI creates a client session because it is a client program.
   TCP/IP software is organized into two different roles.  Servers are
   programs that run in the background and sit and wait for connections,
   when one arrives they perform some service (in this case, sending an
   HTTP document, or running an HTTP program) in response to a request.
   Client software is software that originates the connection, makes the
   request, and reaps the benefit of the service.
   HTTPAPI is a client, not a server.   So it uses a client SSLsession...