Re: HTTPAPI concerns

Mike wrote:

As far as I know, there is no way to track usage of HTTPAPI. Scott might be able to provide some broad stats on downloads but that would be far off the installed base. I personally have downloaded it at least 10 times.

When Scott announced the paid support through Profound Logic, I think he intimated that was in place precisely for your situation. Someone doesn't want to use a free product - so pay for it!

There are other paid products that do something similar. I do not follow them and they probably work just as well for this but I have found this community of users and supporters to be pretty good.

Especially since your client is moving off the IBMi, why would there be a concern for short term use? If your client can get what they need and it works for the next 18 months, I don't see the concern personally. It is not like they are making a huge investment for the next 20 years of SAP style resources to git er done. Even the $1200 a year is trivial in the scheme of converting the software environment.

Mike -

I forgot - one other question which was asked is:
"Is there a) any commercial product or b) another alternative which provides a way to perform HTTP/HTTPS other than using HTTPAPI? "

My off-the-cuff answer was:
a) As far as I know, no.
b) "Yes, if we want to re-invent the wheel..."

-sjl