FTPAPI - Download Files with special german characters in the name

Hello

I'm using FTPAPI to download files from a server. First I use ftp_list to get the names of the files in a directory. This gives me an array with the filenames. After that I use ftp_get to download the files in the array. It works very well. But if I have a filename with one of the special german characters ä ö or ü, I receive the message from ftp_get, that the file wasn't found on the server.

I'm working in binary-mode: ftp_binaryMode(ftp: *ON)

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards

Jan