RE: Time Out

I asked our network guy to "make a hole" in the firewall for outbound ftp, http and https. That way the IBMi does not have to authenticate to the proxy server (which at the time was going to be hard to do).

We talked it over extensively and decided we could rely on the firewall to control that. We also opened a few other ports over the years to allow other "outbound" things like ping, dns, etc. The list continues to grow as we become comfortable with our firewall.

-----Original Message-----
From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 7:29 AM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Time Out

Probably the firewall...

TRACEROUTE will let you see if you're getting outside the i.

Many larger companies have a proxy server configured to restrict browsing inappropriate sites.  The firewall is then configured to only allow outbound connections from the proxy server.

Take a look at your PC browser settings.

HTTP API provides
http_setproxy()
http_proxy_setauth()

Or you could see if the network team would add an exception for your i's IP address.

Charles