From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 12:57 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Odd Data Transfer Issue

Hello List,

We've suddenly begun to experience an issue moving files between our iSeries and another one.  I do not believe this is an FTPAPI issue at all because we are using it to move files to and from our machine and other iSeries without issue.  I am just hoping someone may have ideas on how to locate the root cause of this or get more info from FTPAPI.

We are using put/get/append at different times to move iSeries database files around between our iSeries and another.  We are using binary mode *ON and trim mode *OFF.  This had been working just fine a week ago and suddenly this week we are getting the error message in FTPAPI of "Not able to open data connection.". We are not getting error on the same file each time and not every time we connect and move files around.

I know this is pretty vague but I am hoping someone may have some insight or thoughts on this.

Thanks much in advance.