httpapi speed

I'm unsure whether we are doing something wrong: we are using httpapi successfully in several different projects however I'm wondering why the AS/400 is much slower than for example a simple PC that issues a request.

To nail this down I wrote a simple web service that can be called with a GET and that returns a fixed string. The get is called with this code

Rci = http_url_get_raw( Url : 0 : %PAddr( toString ) );

in a loop 1000 times.

On the PC (client) side I have a simple Delphi app that does

 For i:= 1 to 1000 do Idhttp.get(Url);

Where URL is http://192.168.101.27/dwhsvc/dwhsvc.dll/datasnap/rest/TServermethods/ping

And the service responds with "pong". 192.168.101.27 is located in the same subnet as the AS/400.

The AS/400 takes 210 seconds to issue 1000 calls, the PC takes less than two seconds (or 13 seconds for 10,000 calls).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong on the AS/400 side ?

Peter