Re: FTPAPI: using DIR to get a directory-list into a file

   Hello Scott,
   Thank you very much for your reply and your explanation. My problem is
   the following:
   We find today a directory on the server with the name xyz. It has
   creation date April 12, 2014. Tomorrow it will be deleted and replaced
   with a new directory xyz, with creation date April 23, 2014. If I only
   have the names of the directories, I don't know, if the directory is
   the same as it was yesterday. So I will have to download the content of
   the directory and compare it with the content of the directory that I
   downloaded last week.
   It's not possible for me to rename or delete the directory after I have
   downloaded the content.
   The IBM client gives me the creation date.
   As a work around I could use the IBM client to get the creation dates
   and use this information to tell FTPAPI, which directories it has to
   download.
   Another possibility could be to try to convince the people, that place
   the directories on the server to use unique names, for example by
   placing a date (or timestamp) in front of the directory names:
   20140422_directoryName. The directories are put on the server by a
   manual process.
   Best regards
   Jan