Re: Retrieve webpage content as string without IFS or XML parser

   As far as I know, user spaces and RPG strings have the exact same
   limit.  (Approx 16 mb.)  It is strange that you refer to one as limited
   and the other as not?!   Maybe you're on a very old release of the
   OS...  that'd explain it.
   HTTPAPI does not really know or care what sort of data it is
   retrieving.  It can be XML or a web page, or really anything else.
   HTTPAPI provides both GET and POST APIs that can save data as  (a)
   'raw' routines where the data is passed to you as it comes in over the
   network.  You can write your own routines here to save it in a string,
   user space, or any other way you want.   (b) to a stream file in the
   IFS (the 'default' way, I suppose) or (c) it can be passed
   automatically to the Expat XML parser.
   Actually, either (A) or (B) can write to a user space.  But, (A) would
   be most appropriate for writing to a string.