From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:46 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: UTF-8 vs UTF-16

Robert,

HTTP_XML_CALC means that Expat will try to calculate the proper encoding
to use based on the contents of the file.  If your file is in UTF-16
format, and has a header of <?xml encoding="utf-16"?> at the top, then
it should automatically work.

If you want to force it to always use UTF-16 rather than detecting it,
you can change 'HTTP_XML_CALC' to just use the number 1200 (which is the
CCSID of UTF-16).

Hope that helps!