Re: Help on an error RNX0115 on first Web Service program

Robin,

I am not sure whether or not it is too late in the evening, or if the
following data structure might be the root of the problem:

  * Encode to BASE64
 D base64          ds                   qualified
 D  value                     65000A
 D  length                        5I 0
 D  string                    65000A    varying overlay(base64)

First of all 65000A is greater than 64k (65535) and hence there are 4
length bytes. Most, if not all, your program code works with standard
VARYING fields having 2 length bytes.

Next the length bytes are the first bytes of a VARYING field, followed by
the data bytes. That makes me assume that your data structure should look
like this:

  * Encode to BASE64
 D base64          ds                   qualified
 D  length                        5I 0
 D  value                     65533A
 D  string                    65535A    varying overlay(base64)

Please notice that "string" is two bytes longer than "value", because
"string" must cover the length and data bytes.

Regards,

Thomas.