Re: Web service to serve up JSON

On 1/30/2014 2:28 PM, Scott Klement wrote:
Hello Toby,

Prerequisites for what? HTTPAPI? The save file should just restore normally. There are prerequisites for building HTTPAPI, but not for restoring it.

If you want Apache to automatically translate your data from EBCDIC to the Network CCSID, then you should use a content-type like 'text/plain'. The 'text' is needed for Apache to know that it should be translated. I don't know of anything that requires the content-type to be 'application/json', but if you do want to use that, you'll need to do your own EBCDIC translation, since Apache doesn't translate stuff with 'application' content-type.

Since this talk of Apache isn't relevant to this mailing list, perhaps we could discuss it somewhere else? the web forums at http://www.code400.com are good for this. There's also mailing lists at Midrange.com, and forums at iProDeveloper.com that are good for discussions like this. I like to keep the HTTPAPI/FTPAPI list focused on HTTPAPI/FTPAPI.

-SK