Re: Tom - answered your questions for more help

   Robin,
   I assume that you already compiled a web service client, because you
   posted a parameter list. Hence the only question left is how to encode
   the data of a given IFS file, right?
   I attached EXAMPLE41 to demonstrate how to do that. Maybe Scott wants
   to add it to his list of HTTPAPI examples.
   Thomas.

   ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 16.01.2014 21:28:56:
   > Von: Robin.Kresin@xxxxxxx
   > An: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
   > Datum: 16.01.2014 21:39
   > Betreff: Tom - answered your questions  for more help
   > Gesendet von: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   >
   > "webservice" is used for each and everything when people speak about
   > "service" provided over the "web", when the client is a program and
   not a
   > human sitting in front of his browser. But under the cover there are
   > several different approaches to connect programs over the Internet.
   >
   > In order to help you, we need to know more details about your
   webservice.

   > First, we are the client in this process.
   >
   > a) What kind of a webservice is it: SOAP, Restful, or whatever else?
   > First, we are the client in this process and we have a WSDL from the
   > client.
   >
   > Given that it is a SOAP webservice and hence using XML, the next
   question
   > was:
   >
   > b) Do you need to add your IFS data to an XML element or as an
   attachment?
   >  It is not an attachment but as an Element.  Here are the parms
   >
   > * RPG call : stub_op_EnviaArchivo
   > *  C call  : EnviaArchivo
   > *  parm in : AXISCHANDLE this
   > *  parm in : xsdc__string Value0
   > *  parm in : xsdc__string Value1
   > *  parm in : xsdc__string Value2
   > *  parm in : xsdc__string Value3
   > *  parm in : xsdc__string Value4
   > *  parm in : xsdc__string Value5
   > *  parm in : xsdc__int Value6
   > *  parm in : xsdc__int Value7
   > *  parm in : xsdc__string Value8
   > *  parm in : xsdc__base64Binary Value9
   > *  parm in : xsdc__string Value10
   > *  parm out: xsdc__string out
   > *  parm out: xsdc__string out
   > * return  : *ON = success
   >           : *OFF = failure
   >
   > Given that it is an XML element, the next question was:
   >
   > c) Is it added as CDATA or plain text or Base64 encoded? BASE64
   >
   > For sure there will be more questions, once we got an answer to these
   > first questions.
   >
   > Last but not least, did you get a WSDL file from the service
   provider?
   > Then it is a SOAP web service and you may post it here. Yes and it is
   > loaded.
   >

   > Robin Kresin
   > Sr. Programmer / Analyst
   > TVH® - TotalSource® Parts and Accessories
   > Phone: 913.829.1000 ext.3035 Direct: 913-768-3035
   > E-mail: robin.kresin@xxxxxxx
   > website: [1]www.tvh.com
   > The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential
   > and is intended solely for the attention and use of
   > ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
   > If you are not the intended recipient, or person responsible for
   > delivering this information to the intended recipient, please notify
   > the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail and all copies of
   > this e-mail on any storage mechanism.
> [...]

   IMPORTANT NOTICE:
   This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
   intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
   reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a
   criminal
   offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to
   the sender.