HTTPAPI and setsockopt()

   I would like to call setsockopt() to influence the behavior of a
   program we are using to consume a web service with http_persist_open(),
   followed by http_persist_post() called within a loop.  I believe I am
   clear on how to call the setsockopt routine correctly, I just don't see
   where this code would be inserted.  I see prototype definitions for the
   http_persist routines, but can't find any actual source code for them
   in LIBHTTP.  Any help appreciated and apologies if this type of
   question has already been asked - I didn't find anything in the archive
   when I searched.  Thanks,  BB