HTTP performance issue vs. soapUi

   I am using the  http_persist_open() and http_persist_post() APIs to
   consume a web service running on a Windows server in our local domain.
   It works correctly but I notice a dramatic performance difference
   between the call from our iSeries using the APIs vs. soapUi from my
   desktop.  The soapUi calls are 10x faster.  Upon examination of
   WireShark captures from both sessions, I see that the iSeries call
   waits for (and receives) an ACK from the Windows server after the TCP
   segment that contains the url and SoapAction  and User-Agent values,
   etc.  before sending the http Post request with the xml tags (the
   actual request segment).  There is a fair amount of delay here and with
   the soapUi call, the client does not wait between these segments and
   just sends them one after another - resulting in much better
   performance.  I am looking to explain why the iSeries version of the
   call is waiting for the ACK and if there is a way to configure my
   session to act like the soapUi version.   Following, is a comparison of
   the captured TCP segment from both sessions.  Appreciate any feedback
   on this.  Thanks, Brian

   Klement API version from iSeries:

   POST /CleanserHttp HTTP/1.1

   Host: <** our Windows host name **>

   SOAPAction: <*** our web service name ***>

   SoapUi:

   POST /CleanserHttp HTTP/1.1

   Host: <** our Windows host name **>

   Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

   SOAPAction: <*** our web service name ***>

   Connection: Keep-Alive