Socket reset

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to run this by the group. I do not believe this to be an HTTPAPI bug.
I have looked thru all my emails from the group in the last couple of years and have not seen anything about this.
It is possible I missed it though.

We have a process that has been working for 2 years on a V7R1 machine. The newest PTF’s were applied to the machine and this process failed.

Here is what we are doing and the errors we are getting.

We are posting to an Apache Server running on the IBM I. The Client is on another IBM i. We are using CGI and SSL.
When running SSL we get the message “CommSSL_read:  read:(GSKit) I/O: A connection with a remote socket was reset by.”
When not using SSL we get a similar message “CommTCP_read: recv: A connection with a remote socket was reset by that socket.”
I ran this on our V6R1 machine to test it and I am also getting same error however on our V5R3 and V5R4 machines we do not get the error.

The connection is actually working and subsequent posts if done a short time later will work.  Also if I remove the second post from the connection program all works fine.

We know something changed but not sure what or why. We have opened a PMR with IBM to see if we can find out what has changed.
Since we are using the Basic Auth to connect for now we can set the user and password first and then do one post and it works.

EXAMPLES:

The first example is an SSL type connection

We are doing a Post to connect and then getting back the following error.

This page requires a user-id & password.

This is normal
Then we set the user and password as basic and then we do another post to make sure the user and password were correct.
This process is using basic auth.

After the second post we are getting the following error:

Message = CommSSL_read:  read:(GSKit) I/O: A connection with a remote
  socket was reset by.

The second example is a NON SSL connection. Same process with no error messages back.

We are doing a Post to connect and then getting back the following error.

This page requires a user-id & password.

This is normal
Then we set the user and password as basic and then we do another post to make sure the user and password were correct.
This process is using basic auth.

After the second post we are getting the following error.

CommTCP_read: recv: A connection with a remote socket was reset by that socket.

I have also attached the debug logs in case you have any questions on that.

I have run this on both version 1.23 and 1.24 of HTTPAPI and get the same results.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ron