Re: Open connection needed for XML document receive and send

Richard,

HTTPAPI is a client-only tool, it is not a server. IBM i already comes with several really good HTTP servers. The HTTP server powered by Apache does everything that I would ever want in a server-side HTTP tool, so it really doesn't make much sense to expand HTTPAPI to handle server-side stuff.

You can set up an RPG program to be called by Apache, and that RPG program can read the XML doc, parse it (using XML-INTO or XML-SAX or any other method you might prefer) and then can generate XML output (using CGIDEV2, or just string manipulation, or whichever method you prefer.)

Also, IBM i comes with an Integrated Web Services server, included in the OS, that can do a lot of the work for you so you don't have to code it all by hand if you don't want to.

I give talks on this sort of stuff at conferences, so if you want you can get the handout and sample code from my talk and maybe it'll give you the information you need:
http://www.scottklement.com/presentations/#WSSEMINAR

But, at any rate, this is not related to HTTPAPI, so this mailing list is not a good place to discuss it. Instead, please consider one of the following great resources:

http://lists.midrange.com
http://www.code400.com/forum
http://forums.iprodeveloper.com

These are great sites that offer general-purpose discussion lists that are not focused on a specific project like this one is.

Hope that helps!