Re: HTTPAPI Performance Issue

   AFAIK, there's no tuning to be done in the OS or HTTPAPI...
   However, there's probably places your RPG can do things faster...
   -Using variable length strings instead of constantly %TRIMming
   -integers instead of packed/zone for counting.(very minor :) )
   -how you are processing the response(XML?)..
   -debug(*off)
   -using CPYBYTES/MEMCOPY to copy large amounts of data instead of RPG's
   EVAL...
   [1]http://iprodeveloper.com/rpg-programming/breaking-64k-barrier
   But it'd help to see your code.  Otherwise, best I can recommend is to
   use standard techniques to see where the time is being spent.
   On the other hand, if your HTTPAPI using RPG is doing the work of both
   the JADE process and the original RPG...then it might not surprising it
   takes longer.  If for no other reason other than the fact that you've
   went from multiple threads of work being done on different boxes to a
   single thread.  You could get that mutli-thread improvement back by
   replace the JADE process with an HTTPAPI using RPG one that writes to
   the original data queues and allow the original RPG to do it's thing.
   I helped put together a process using HTTPAPI that send/receives XML
   docs bigger than 65K (we are on v5r4, so we had to use 16MB user
   spaces).  In fact, the reponse includes a BASE64 encoded document. That
   process takes ~10 seconds, including the BASE64 decode and the
   processing on the remote side.
   Charles

   On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Pat Kennedy (IT) <[2]patrken@xxxxxxx>