From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Ryan
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 5:26 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: First Data

PayWare Transact from Verifone. Actually made the transition from TSYS to FD better. Still able to use the same interface from the application. The back end was a little more difficult, but it's supporting many many transactions and many merchant numbers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 24, 2013, at 5:03 PM, Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Which product Michael? When we were looking we could barely find working example for any language on any system and certainly no vendors in the IBM i spec who supported FD.
>

> On 2013-06-24, at 3:37 PM, Michael Ryan <michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>  Once you have FD working (and I'm using an i-based product, though the
>>  settlement is custom), it seems to work well...as reliable as TSYS
>>  anyway.
>>
>>  On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Jon Paris
>>  <[1]jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>    There are any number of vendors I would prefer to use to First Data.
>>    Admittedly once we had beaten the API into submission we have had no
>>    problems.
>>    But if like us you are a small company it is not as simple as "Just
>>    switch to using X".
>>    We talked to JetPay (among others) and were told it was going to
>>    take 6 - 8+ weeks to be approved even though we had existing
>>    merchant agreements in place. They also required that we provide a
>>    bunch of financials that we did not have readily to hand. That meant
>>    paying the accountant to complete the forms, etc. etc. In the end we
>>    stuck with First Data.
>>
>>  On 2013-06-24, at 12:59 PM, HarryWilliams <[2]harry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote:
>>> First Data has lost huge amounts of money the last several years.
>>  Who knows how long they will be in business.
>>> Try Jetpayi5.com   They do a fantastic job, and the rates are more
>>  than reasonable.

>>  the
>>  didn't
>>  certain
>>  for

>>  if

> Jon Paris
>
> www.partner400.com
> www.SystemiDeveloper.com

The information contained in this electronic-mail message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error please call or e-mail the sender and delete the message immediately. Thank you.