Re: First Data

Run, don't walk from First Data. While the API was simple to use, the
setup involved in getting it working was a huge PITA... and it didn't
always work if you tried to setup two computers the same way. My
experience is with C# and Windows servers. I had to install a certain
OpenSSL DLL, then I had to download, not reference online the WSDL for
the web API.

That said, good luck getting it going. Based on some of the other
feedback, looks like writing a Java interface might be a better
approach.

We have since moved to VirtualMerchant. Very easy to understand API
and is works how one would think an API like that should work. No
setup, just POST calls to a web API over SSL.
--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.me