Re: OAuth Authentication

On 4/24/13 6:43 AM, Miguel Caraballo wrote:
    Hi All,
    HTTPAPI is our tool of choice for processing data obtained via web
    services. We love this tool.
    Until now we have been connecting to web services using basic
    authentication, without any problems.
    However, I now need to connect to a RESTFul web service that requires
    OAuth authentication, which we have never done before. I would
    appreciate any help in pointing out the necessary steps to implement
    OAuth authentication when connecting to a RESTFul web service.
    Thank you.
    Miguel A. Caraballo

Hmm. I have some small experience with this (VERY specific to Google Calendar), and I can say that Google's OAuth Playground is the best tool I've found for working out the details of OAuth, at least for their services.

That's not to say that I'm in any position to teach anybody how to do it; it's been months since I did anything with it, and the mere thought of doing it again makes me shudder.

--
JHHL