Re: Upgrading OS V5 to V7

In general, the biggest concern is with commercially distributed OPM programs, which are frequently distributed with observability removed, in order to make decompilation as difficult as possible (and reduce the size). With our products, we provide both V4-compatible and V6-compatible versions of all OPM programs (either version works from V5R2 to V5R4).

With ILE objects, observability is less of a concern, since debugging and re-encapsulation data have always been separate in ILE, and so there's far less reason to pull observability from commercially distributed ILE programs.

--
JHHL