Web Service Basics

   Hello,

   I want to consume a web service via http_url_post_xml.  The web service
   provider sent me a sample request (below) and I believe this was
   generated by the SOAP UI tool.  I see a number of things in the sample
   that I expect will cause me headaches and are different, or new, from
   other services that I have accessed using HTTPAPI.  "Accept-Encoding:
   gzip,deflate" - never heard of it.  The security relating to sending
   the user name and password is foreign to me.   I suspect the user name
   and password would first have to be converted from EBCDIC to ASCII
   before putting into the soap message but that is only a guess.  What
   else do you knowledgeable people see that is troublesome?  Would the
   WSDL2RPG product be something very useful in this case?

   Regards,

   -Tom

   Sample request info below

   POST https://stagingmembership.big4.com.au/MembershipService.svc/basic
   HTTP/1.1

   Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

   SOAPAction: "http://tempuri.org/IMembershipService/Get";

   Host: stagingmembership.big4.com.au

   Connection: Keep-Alive

   <soapenv:Envelope
   xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";

   xmlns:tem="http://tempuri.org/";>

   <soapenv:Header>

   <wsse:Security soapenv:mustUnderstand="1"

   xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wss
   ecurity-secext-1.0.xsd"

   xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wsse
   curity-utility-1.0.xsd">

   <wsse:UsernameToken wsu:Id="UsernameToken-11">

   <wsse:Username>ad06ef56-0a50-45eb-bcbe-c4d4c983bb1f</wsse:Username>

   <wsse:Password

   Type="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-username-
   token-profile-1.0#PasswordT

   ext">V6NtNUP2</wsse:Password>

   <wsse:Nonce

   EncodingType="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-s
   oap-message-security-1.0#Ba

   se64Binary">RyWUxnYXdO2RToxI/3aJVg==</wsse:Nonce>

   <wsu:Created>2013-02-11T04:56:39.129Z</wsu:Created>

   </wsse:UsernameToken>

   </wsse:Security>

   </soapenv:Header>

   <soapenv:Body>

   <tem:Get>

   <!--Optional:-->

   <tem:memberNumber>1234567</tem:memberNumber>

   </tem:Get>

   </soapenv:Body>

   </soapenv:Envelope>