Basic Authentication - Windows Sharepoint server

   Our windows Sharepoint server + IIS server running on same system has
   both `Basic Authentication' enabled.  Can't figure out what the problem
   is, I use same to connect to another server in our environment without
   any problem.  Windows server log gives the following error:

   Account For Which Logon Failed:

                   Security ID:                           NULL SID

                   Account Name:                    PGO

                   Account Domain:                CLIPPER

   Whereas it should be something like this:

                   Security ID:                           CLIPPER\dl

                   Account Name:                    dl

                   Account Domain:                CLIPPER

   Hence the `SecurityID'...

   Any suggestions????

   In my RPG app, I set following property:

   http_setAuth(HTTP_AUTH_BASIC:'CLIPPER\userid':'userpassword');

   Then I prepare XML soapmessage and execute the following code:

   rc = http_url_post(

                     WS_Path

                   : %addr(SOAPMSG) + 2

                   : %len(SOAPMSG)

                   : SoapResponse

                   : HTTP_TIMEOUT

                   : HTTP_USERAGENT

                   : 'text/xml'

          : SoapAction);

   This ends in the following http_error:

   This page requires a user-id & password

   Debuglog contains the following:

   HTTPAPI Ver 1.24 released 2012-01-23

   OS/400 Ver V7R1M0

   New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819. ProtLoc=0

   http_setauth(): entered

   http_url_post(): entered

   http_persist_open(): entered

   http_long_ParseURL(): entered

   DNS resolver retrans: 3

   DNS resolver retry  : 5

   DNS resolver options: x'00000136'

   DNS default domain: CLIPPERSUPPORT.BE

   DNS server found: 10.0.0.180

   DNS server found: 10.0.0.14

   http_persist_post(): entered

   http_persist_req(POST) entered.

   http_long_ParseURL(): entered

   do_oper(POST): entered

   There are 0 cookies in the cache

   POST /TestSite/_vti_bin/copy.asmx HTTP/1.1

   Host: Sharepnt

   SOAPAction: http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/GetItem

   Authorization: Basic Q0xJUFBFUlxQR086UU9TTUlP

   senddoc(): entered

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soapenv:Envelope
   xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
   xmlns:soap="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/";>
   <soapenv:Header/><soapenv:Body><soap:GetItem>
   <soap:Url>HTTP://sharepnt/TestSite/Sermar
   Dossiers/Testje.pdf</soap:Url>
   </soap:GetItem></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

   recvresp(): entered

   HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

   Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.0

   SPRequestGuid: ceb76eb7-af7a-4924-a334-a7e74bd06975

   WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate

   WWW-Authenticate: NTLM

   WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="Sharepnt"

   MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices: 14.0.0.6029

   Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 13:47:27 GMT

   SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

   recvresp(): end with 401

   recvdoc parms: identity 0

   interpret_auth(): entered

   SetError() #36: This page requires a user-id & password

   http_close(): entered

   When using

   Patrick Goovaerts

   Systems & Development