   From:    Mike Krebs <mkrebs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   To:      HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date:    11/02/2012 12:46 AM
   Subject: RE: Need Help for Currency Exchange Rate Web service
   Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   >   I think TCP/IP has not been configured on my machine to communicate
   >   with webservicex.net
   I am missing something in your thinking...if TCP/IP is not configured,
   then nothing will work. It doesn't matter what website you try. Your
   debug log clearly shows you have some sort of configuration issue, not
   a usability issue.
   What are the results of your testing and talk with the network admin
   about the firewall?
   If you just want to try HTTPAPI internally, Scott and some others have
   written articles about creating servers to respond to web queries. The
   most basic use is just to retrieve a page from a web server (I think
   EXAMPLE1? is a PDF download). That would be very easy to replicate to
   contact any internal web server you have running. For a another simple
   example, you could use CGIDEV2 to create a program that will answer the
   web call. But if you can't get out of your network to the internet then
   these examples will be of limited usefulness unless you only want to
   talk to internal servers.