RE: Ftpapi Digest, Vol 74, Issue 19

   I see that it went into Passive Mode but I ended up with the same
   result.
   I've emailed the network person to double check that there is no
   Firewall in between and/or there are no restictions.
   I don't think that is the case since I can do FTP from the AS400
   command prompt and it works.

   This is very odd to me. I've used this process a few times and never
   had an issue like this.

   Thanks Again
   Dan

   0: FTPAPI version 2.2 released on 2005-09-20
   1: 220-Microsoft FTP Service
   1: 220 Hey Get OUT!!!!
   1: > USER anonymous
   1: 331 Anonymous access allowed, send identity (e-mail name) as
   password.
   1: > PASS **********
   1: 230-Welcome, NOT!!!
   1: 230 Anonymous user logged in.
   1: > SITE NAMEFMT 1
   1: 500 'SITE NAMEFMT 1': command not understood
   1: > TYPE I
   1: 200 Type set to I.
   1: > PASV
   1: 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,105,4,12,177).
   1: > RETR /00000010000007009747180009010910909.pdf
   1: 421 Timeout (120 seconds): closing control connection.
   1: > QUIT
   1: 421 Terminating connection.

   > Message: 2
   > Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 23:54:21 -0600
   > From: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   > To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   > Subject: Re: Ftpapi Digest, Vol 73, Issue 4 - SIZE error on FTP API
   >
   > Hi Dan,
   >
   > Wow, apparently I already had a feature (FTP_sizereq) to turn the
   size
   > off. I forgot all about that. Yes, that will tell FTPAPI not to ask
   > for the size during the GET transfer. Though, I still don't
   understand
   > how it could possibly time out on a SIZE request, that doesn't make
   any
   > sense. Also, I see that the "timeout" message is not coming from
   > FTPAPI, but it's coming from the server. That doesn't make sense,
   > either -- the server doesn't have to wait for FTPAPI during a size
   > request, so how can it time out?
   >
   > However, in your second example, where you've turned off the SIZE
   > request, the timeout does make sense. There it's attempting to make a
   > connection to IP address 192.168.250.3 on port 52540. Stuff like this
   > often causes problems, since the port number is determined
   > semi-randomly, and people don't always allow all ports open through
   > their firewall.
   >
   > Please try using passive mode to see if that solves the problem.
   After