RE: Question Using https

Turn on debug. Look near the end of the debug file. See if there is additional information in the file.

If not obvious, reply here, copy the debug file into your email, obscure passwords, press Send.

-----Original Message-----
From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Craig Schulstad
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 2:55 PM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Question Using https

All,

I have installed and tested the HTTPAPI package on my System i.  The http example (EXAMPLE16) that calls a web service for currency conversion works fine.  However, when I try out my test program that attempts to call Fedex for an address validation (similar to the UPS address validation) via an https call, I receive a generic "500" status code for my efforts.

I have gone through the "readme" file and worked with the System administrator to make sure we have all of the prerequisite OS software (we do) and we have checked to make sure the "*SYSTEM" certificate store is in place.  Also, we have given user "*PUBLIC" authority to all of the IFS folders as noted in the "readme" file as well.  I have used the SOAPUI tool to derive the SOAP document information from the WSDL file, so everything looks proper.

Since this is my first "go" at consuming a web service from an RPGLE program is there something still not set up or "turned on" on the System i (e.g. and HTTP/HTTPS daemon or such)?  Getting an HTTP status code of "500" seems to indicate that the program is getting out to the Fedex site, but I can't be sure.  That's where I am looking for a bit of advice.

Thanks.

Regards,

Craig
[cid:image002.gif@01CDD22E.01B61090]<http://www.infor.com/>