Basic authentication fails probably because of Base64 enconding

   Hello, I'm trying to invoke this web service:

     WSDL: [1]http://www.nexusonline.it:8088/4DWSDL
     endpoint: [2]http://www.nexusonline.it:8088/4DSOAP/
     instructions: [3]http://www.nexusonline.it:8088/esempio4d
     method: Get_BankFromCAB
         parameters:
             ABI, 5 chars code
             CAB, 5 chars code
     Authentication: basic with an email as username and an empty string
     as password

   This is how Eclipse Web Services Explorer allows me to invoke it
   (following is Wireshark capture of the HTTP request):

     POST /4DSOAP/ HTTP/1.1
     Host: [4]www.nexusonline.it:8088
     Cache-Control: no-cache
     Pragma: no-cache
     SOAPAction: "Nexus_WebService#Get_BankFromCAB"
     Authorization: Basic YnViaUBleGFtcGxlLm9yZzo=
     Connection: close

   [SOAP envelope omitted, because it's like mine]
   and it works.
   This is how I invoke it by HTTPAPI:

     http_setAuth( HTTP_AUTH_BASIC : %trim(email) : '');
     rc = http_url_post(
                         '[5]http://www.nexusonline.it:8088/4DSOAP/'
                       : %addr(SoapReq)+2
                       : %len(SoapReq)
                       : soapfile
                       : HTTP_TIMEOUT
                       : HTTP_USERAGENT
                       : 'text/xml; charset=utf-8'
                       : '"Nexus_WebService#Get_BankFromCAB"' );

   and it doesn't work.
   This is an extract from '/tmp/httpapi_debug.txt':

     POST /4DSOAP/ HTTP/1.1
     Host: [6]www.nexusonline.it:8088
     Authorization: Basic
     YnViaUBleGFtcGxlLm9yZyAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA6

   [if I read further I can see SOAP response saying
   <SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode><faultstring>Bad
   Request.</SOAP-ENV:Fault>]
   The only difference I see is Authorization parameter. I always use
   username [7]"bubi@xxxxxxxxxxx" and empty password, but seems HTTPAPI is
   encoding in a slightly different way. Also putting double-quotes in
   SOAP action seems strange to me but I don't think it's the problem.
   Any help is appretiated, thanks!
--
Mirco Andreon