Re: Where do I start?

   Download [1]http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/
   and look at the examples.
   I have done several REST services and would be happy to send you some
   example code but I must warn you that I do modern coding so all
   procedures and modules.

   On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 1:23 PM, <[2]PReid@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Hello...I'm not sure if I'm sending this to the correct place.
        I am an RPG programmer in the transportation industry and I'm
     trying to
        retrieve data from one of our vendors via a Web Service. The
     vendor is
        telling me that I have to make an "HTTP Request" and I will
     receive a
        response as an XML. They are telling me that they have a REST Web
        Service, but they don't have a WSDL????
        This is all very confusing to me and it seems super complicated.
     My
        question is...as an RPG programmer...where do I begin? I've tried
        reading some stuff on the web, but they all seem to assume a
     level of
        proficiency with the massive number of unexplained acronyms that
     I just
        don't have. Where do I start?
        Thanks!
        Paul Reid
        Application Developer III
        Erb Group of Companies | 290 Hamilton Road | New Hamburg, Ontario
     | N3A
        1A2
        Phone: [3]519.662.6133 ext. 2363
        Web: [1][4]http://www.erbgroup.com/