Re: ISeries using TLSV1

   hi Sherry,
   The newest version of TLS is 1.2.  There is no TLSv3.  Did you mean SSL
   v3?
   TLS Version 1.2 is not supported by any of the major web browsers.
   Version 1.1 is supported only by Google Chrome 22 and higher.  The
   other major browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera and Safari) all
   support only TLS version 1.0, or SSL versions 2 and 3.   (At least,
   without changing their default settings)
   HTTPAPI lets the operating system control which version of SSL/TLS is
   used.  It calls the IBM Global Secure Toolkit (GSKit) APIs, and does
   not set the ciphers, et al, it lets the operating system take care of
   that.  However, the https_init() API has optional parameters (rarely
   used) that you can use to explicitly disable SSLv2 or SSLv3, leaving
   only TLS if that's what you want?
   As near as I can tell from the IBM response you provided, they are NOT
   telling you how to enable TLSv3 (which, after all, does not exist) but
   rather telling you how to disable TLSv1.  Presumably they're thinking
   you meant SSLv3, and therefore are telling you how to disable the newer
   (and preferred) TLS.
   I'm CCing this message to the mailing list, which is the correct place
   to discuss HTTPAPI.  If you wish to discuss this further, please post
   your replies there.  I hope this doesn't come across as harsh, but I
   need people to use the mailing list or I will get overwhelmed by the
   workload of e-mails that I get.
   Thanks!
   -SK