Re: Set the time out limmited

Devlyn,

"Timeout" is one of the parameters to the APIs. You can set it to any value you like. For example:

     rc = http_get( myURL: myStmf: 120 );

In the above example, I've set the timeout to 120 seconds. All of the HTTP APIs that perform network access have a timeout parameter. Check the parameter lists in HTTPAPI_H for the API you're calling.

Also... the way the timeout works: It's NOT measuring the total run-time of the API. Instead, it's measuring the "lull" time on the connection. So.. suppose you are downloading a very large file with HTTPAPI, and it will take 1 hour to download. A timeout of 60 seconds is no problem, here... it does not matter that the file download takes an entire hour, because the "60 seconds" is not measuring the download time. AS long as you receive at least 1 byte every 60 seconds, HTTPAPI will be happy. However, if it should occur that HTTPAPI receives nothing for 60 seconds (not even a single byte) then it will close the connection and report a timeout error.

But, yeah, you can set it to a higher number... just change the timeout parameter. The only "thing to watch out for" is that dead connections will take longer to time out.

-SK