Re: SetError() #2: Host name look up failed.

   Thanks for your help, you were right. The server guys added the server
   to the ARP table, and its working now.  They will look into it further.
   From:        Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   To:        HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date:        2012/11/08 08:37 AM
   Subject:        Re: SetError() #2: Host name look up failed.
   Sent by:        ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   Hello,
   A URL is string containing several pieces of information.  These
   include
   the protocol (http or https), the server's domain name or IP address,
   and a directory/path/filename.   There are optional elements for
   userid,
   password and port number, as well.
   At one point in the process, it takes one of these components -- the
   domain name -- and asks your DNS resolver to tell HTTPAPI what the
   address of that server is.   The DNS resolver is telling ?HTTPAPI that
   the host cannot be found.
   Let's say for example that your URL is:
   [1]http://example.com/somedir/somefile.xml
   What HTTPAPI needs to do is ask your DNS resolver what the address of
   "example.com" is.  It needs to do that so it can connect to the
   example.com HTTP server and ask it for "/somedir/somefile.xml". The
   trouble is, the resolver is teling it that example.com doesn't exist.
   Obviously, in your case, the name isn't "example.com", it's something
   else -- but you haven't told us what that name is.
   You can verify that the error is in the operating system's resolver
   (rather than in HTTPAPI) by typing this:
   PING RMTSYS('example.com')
   (except, replace 'example.com' with the proper domain name.)     You
   will get the message "Unknown host, example.com".   Basically -- this
   is
   telling you exactly the same thing that HTTPAPI is telling you (just
   phrased slightly differently)  that the DNS resolver is reporting that
   this host does not exist.
   The DNS resolver on IBM i is configured by typing CFGTCP and taking
   option 12.  On that screen, you'll see the same domain name
   (columbus.co.za) and DNS servers (172.26.1.98, 172.26.49.60) that
   HTTPAPI is reporting in the log.  When you ask the operating system's
   DNS resolver to look up a hostname (no matter which program does it)
   the
   resolver will make a request to those IP addresses, and they are the
   ones that, most likely aren't giving you the information you need.
   I would give those addresses to your network folks, and show them that
   the DNS lookups are failing (with PING or similar) and ask them why, if
   everything is correct, they aren't providing addresses for the DNS
   names.  If they say something like "those are the wrong addresses",
   then
   use CFGTCP option 12 to update the addresses.
   Good luck
   On 11/7/2012 11:54 PM, vanderWalt.Devlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
   >     Hi All
   >     I am getting this error "SetError() #2: Host name look up
   failed." in
   >     the httpapi_debug.txt log file.  I assume it may be a problem
   with our
   >     servers, but according to the server team, everything is fine.
   Please
   >     can you help me debug this.
   >     Regards
   >     Devlyn
   >     HTTPAPI Ver 1.24beta11 released 2010-09-09
   >     OS/400 Ver V6R1M0
   >     http_persist_open(): entered
   >     http_long_ParseURL(): entered
   >     DNS resolver retrans: 1
   >     DNS resolver retry  : 1
   >     DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
   >     DNS default domain: columbus.co.za
   >     DNS server found: 172.26.1.98
   >     DNS server found: 172.26.49.60
   >     SetError() #2: Host name look up failed.

   >     This e-mail is subject to the Columbus Stainless [Pty] Ltd Email
   Legal

   [6]http://www.columbus.co.za/EmailLegalNotice.htm.